Google Apps for Work (formerly Google Apps for Business) is a suite of cloud computing productivity and collaboration software tools and software offered on a subscription basis by Google. It includes Google’s popular web applications including Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, Google Docs and, of course, Gmail. It is the Gmail component of Apps that is most useful for this tutorial.
You will need an account to begin, but for less than $5 per month, you get:
- Business email addresses ([email protected])
- Video and voice calls
- Integrated online calendars
- 30GB of online storage for file syncing and sharing
- Online text documents, spreadsheets and slides
- Easy to create project sites
- Security and admin controls
- 24/7 phone and email support
After you point your A record at your new WordPress VPS, you will be wondering where to point the mail records for email. f you are using CloudFlare, or have access to your domain’s control panel, this can be easily done by using the MX Entry option and pointing it to Google’s servers.
First, delete any existing records.
Then add the following MX records with the corresponding priority for your domain:
Records will require 24 hours to propagate and take effect. After that your mail will be handled exclusively by Google Apps Mail.