My WordPress VPS allows you to have your own Virtual Private Server for your WordPress website. This means that all the resources on the server (CPU, RAM, Disk Space) are available to your site and ONLY your site, unlike the shared hosting which most companies offer, where one misbehaving website can slow down everyone!
- One of the cheapest but most reliable WordPress VPS Solutions out there!
- Perfect for bloggers and students working on college projects (look out for discount codes!)
- Database already created and configured, just choose your WordPress language, username and password and you are done
- Perfect for non-techies
- Lightning Fast, even on the lowest specification
- Always used the latest Ubuntu LTS (currently 16.04) for guaranteed stability. Even without an upgrade, each VPS is fully supported for at least 5 years
- Location based hosting! Bring up your VPS at the data center nearest you
How It Works
We have carefully constructed Web Server templates for deployment in Digital Ocean Data Centers all over the world (North America, Europe, Asia). Our VPS solutions are lightning fast (Ubuntu LTS with nginx and the new PHP 7 running as PHP-FPM), self-monitoring (as well as being remotely monitored) and able to restart services, blacklist malicious IP addresses and take other steps to keep your WordPress site alive. We have basically poured everything we know about GNU/Linux and web technologies (over 20 years experience) into creating the most user-friendly experience for you!
You simply purchase the VPS that best suits you, choose the specs and decide if you want backups on or off. We do the rest, and it all happens quite quickly. We even configure the database settings so all you have to do is choose your WordPress username and password. The site is up and running in seconds with no messing about.
For extra speed, we’ve switched from the default database of MySQL to MariaDB, a community-developed fork of MySQL that delivers enterprise-level high availability, scalability and security.
As the site administrator, you still need to take extra precautions. See our list of Recommended Plugins to get started. However, all our VPS packages will automatically update the GNU/Linux Operating System regularly, and WordPress will check nightly for new versions of itself and any installed plugins.
After 12 months you need to renew your VPS package to keep your site online – don’t worry, this should happen automatically. However, be sure you have a Paypal account to help make your renewal go smoothly. If anything goes wrong, we will send you an email before suspending or cancelling your VPS. If it works out better financially, we also have a VPS that you can rent on a monthly basis.
Note: there is no SSH or FTP access to your VPS. If you need something done that requires remote administration, or your need your VPS rebooted, you will need to send a support email. If you simply want to upload a file, you can always use a File Manager extension. By default, your VPS allows files up to 32MB to be uploaded via the WordPress Dashboard, which is actually loads.
Why use a VPS?
A VPS is a private, virtual server that exists on a powerful physical machine. But unlike shared hosting, you have a guaranteed allotment of system resources that only you have access to. So, even if there is a much bigger website than yours on another VPS, hosted on the same physical machine, that won’t matter: you’re always guaranteed the system resources that you’re paying for. Think of it like one big computer, running lots of little computers inside of it.
This means that provided you don’t overload your VPS, your website will perform much better. Plus, once your website grows, you can easily upgrade your VPS to a more powerful one in a matter of minutes – no migration required.
We are that happy with our WordPress VPS Solution that this very website is running on one right now!
So here’s what you need to know….
What we do
- Provide you with your very own VPS, pre-loaded with WordPress
- Guarantee your VPS will be online 99.999% of the time. Really
- Keep your VPS Operating System and Packages up to date
- Keep your WordPress and Plugins up to date
- Keep 4 recent backups (if you chose that option)
- Revert to a backup if you really, really need to
- Assist with upgrades of your VPS when required
- Try to help you if we can, but quite often the issue can be solved yourself
- Login to the server on your behalf if something needs configuring
- Reboot the server on request
- Periodically release new images with the latest Ubuntu LTS and latest WordPress included
What we DON’T do
- We don’t design websites or themes
- We don’t write, install or configure plugins
- We don’t migrate your old site to your VPS. You will need to import the content and plugin separately. There are extensions out there to help with this
- We don’t allow more than one VPS per customer
- We cannot enable backups once your VPS is created. If you need this option, be sure to switch it on when purchasing your VPS. If you forgot, you will need to create a new instance and ask us to destroy the other (sorry, no refunds)
- We don’t recover lost WordPress passwords
- We don’t host email accounts, but your WordPress installation can send emails via contact form plugins
- We don’t supply SSL Certs (provide https). However, there are ways around this
- We don’t allow SSH or FTP to your VPS. Everything is done via your WordPress Dashboard
- We don’t take responsibility for lost data if you don’t use backups!
- We don’t take responsibility if your site is blacklisted or shutdown for bad behavior. Also there is no refund in these instances
- In fact, we very rarely do refunds at all, unless there are exceptional circumstances. If you buy a VPS, it is yours for at least 12 months. You can cancel the annual renewal at any time via your PayPal account
- We don’t tolerate any illegal material or behaviour on your WordPress VPS. Offending instances will be shutdown without refund